Friday, August 19, 2011

Post-Crash Report

Q has been drowning his sorrows in yogurt.


Wubba has been showing off his crash wound.

Bubba has been showing off his bruised eye.

He has also been telling all who will listen,
"I got to talk to a real fireman!"

I have a scratch on my forehead and some bruises on my right side and my neck hurts. 
Oh man, does my neck hurt.

I have been replaying the accident over and over in my mind.  I finally told EJ that something really bothers me.  Once we were hit and began to spin I was no longer holding the wheel.  I keep questioning where I was when it was all happening.  I told EJ that I don't think I was ever unconscious.  I really feel like I was there but have no recollection of where.  When EJ went to collect a few last things from the car today he came back with some answers for me.

He said, "Honey, the back of your chair was broken.  The impact of the crash sent you back so hard the chair was laying down.  You were on your back probably looking up at the roof of the car.  Do you remember having to crawl back up to put your hands on the wheel and your foot on the brake?"

Me: "YES!  I felt so far away from my driving position."

All I have to say is NO STINKIN' WONDER my body hurts so bad.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That's just incredible! Take care of yourself and your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Craziness! I hope the aches and pains are quickly a distant memory. Still praising God for covering you...I'm thinking that maybe God wanted to drive for a minute????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness sake. God is good. That is all.

    ReplyDelete