Monday, April 15, 2013

I admit it...I was the weird lady at Target

Life is so busy with all these little ones.  My mind is often in 5 different places at one time.  I want to hear God in my day.  I want to listen to the Holy Spirit guide me.  I want to live in the spirit and not in the flesh. 

I want to...but I so often miss out.

I was checking out at Target the other day.  I only had my oldest two children with me.  My hubby was waiting in the car with the two littles.

As the young lady rang up my items, I suddenly saw her. 

I saw her.

I saw her sweet face as she talked with me.

I saw her arms.

I saw the scars from cutting. 

They looked like they were old wounds.

Then something welled up inside of me.

I felt the Lord compelling me to speak to her.

He wanted me to speak to her worth.

I felt sick to my stomach.

I tried to reason my way out.

She will think I am weird.

I don't want to embarrass her.

What do I say?

We were almost done.

The lady behind me was ready to check out.

I chickened out.

I walked away.

Then I stopped.

I looked back.

I tried to bargain with the Lord.

If no one else comes in her line then I will go.

A man got in line.

Okay, I am out.

I looked back up.

He was gone.

No excuses left.

I walked back to her.

I still had no idea what to say.

I put my hand on her shoulder and called her by name.

"I feel like the Lord wants me to tell you something before I leave." I told her.

"Okay," she said with a strange look on her face.

Then these words came out...

"You are precious in His sight.  He wants you to know that."

Then I walked away.

Shaking.

When I got in the car I told EJ what had just happened.  He prayed for her and I cried.

I have no idea what she thought.  I suppose that is none of my business.  I just need to be obedient.

Lord,
I pray you touch her. 
Touch her arms and heal her. 
Touch her heart and heal her. 
Make her your own. 
In Jesus Name,
Amen

6 comments:

  1. Literally just sent chills all over me! Bless you for representing Jesus in a bold and personal way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, "Your God reigns!" Is 52:7

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your obedience. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, Farm Chick. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gods words were planted in that young women's mind and hopefully her heart. Sunday was Gideon Sunday at our church, and the Gideon's analogy was anyone can count the seeds in an apple, but only God can count the number of apples in one seed. Today you planted the seed, only God knows what will grow out of that seed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your heart, sister. Only good things come from being obedient, but boy does it sure feel awkward sometimes! I salute your courage!

    ReplyDelete