Thursday, January 21, 2016

Q is 6!































Q, 

I love your smile. 

It lights up the whole room. 

You make my world a better place. I am so blessed to celebrate 6 years of Q. I can't wait to see what is ahead for you. This year I am enjoying teaching you all the sounds the letters make and watching you learn to read words. The first word you ever read was "mom". I jumped for joy so high that I joked that my head almost hit the ceiling. After that, you would remind me not to jump too high and hit my head every time you read a word! 

You loved your birthday party! The day of your birthday and the day of the party you kept referring to yourself as, "the birthday boy." You would say, "the birthday boy is done with his breakfast!" "the birthday boy wants to watch a movie!" "the birthday boy brushed his teeth!" It was a hoot! When you opened your cards with money in them you said, "I'm Rich!!!" It was so cute.

You view every social situation as a chance to make friends. If we go to a playground, you will say, "Mom, there are new friends here!" Sure enough, you will run off to play and return with new friends. I love this about you.

You are participating in your first coop class this year. You adore coop day. You love learning Spanish, art, music, math and spending time with new friends. It was so much fun to watch you sing at the fall program. You were not nervous at all. You got right up there and sang your little heart out! I was so proud of you!

You love to play make believe, legos, cars, firetrucks, and trains. You adore music. You sing all the time and you make everything into an instrument. You love to dance when I put the music on. You learn the words to songs easily.

You are a gift to me. I will never forget meeting your birth mom for the first time. She chose us and we will forever be grateful. We stood right there in the delivery room and watched you take your first breath. I was in love. I was the first one to hold you. The Lord gave me a scripture while I was waiting for you..."blessed is she who believed that what the Lord has said to her would be accomplished." Luke 1:45

I am blessed.

You are mine.

Happy 6th Birthday!

I love you little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment