Saturday, January 16, 2016

The Super Girl Kinderpack!

I am an experienced baby wearer. I love to wear my babies in wraps and then later in a soft structure carrier. I find that I wear my babies less and less when they start walking. That means I don't have a lot of experience with toddler wearing. I've also never been skilled at wearing my little ones on my back.

In order to facilitate bonding with our new little princess I am going to become a skilled toddler wearer. I started asking questions in my China Adoption group. They lead me to the Kinderpack carrier. It comes in several sizes and they make them big enough to be comfortable for older toddlers.

I fell in love with the print called "Super Girl". Check out this picture and you will see why. 

(Photo from the Kindercarry website)

I thought I would go to the website and just buy this print. Turns out that is not how it works. Kinderpacks are so popular that their products sell out in minutes. They stock a certain print once a week. I have no idea when or if they will stock this super girl print again.

I was told that my best bet was to buy this carrier used on one of the swap sites. I joined several of these swap sites but could not find this carrier. I made "In Search Of" posts with no success. I decided to purchase a neutral carrier to try out with my toddlers and see if I really like it enough to continue to search for the super girl print.







My little models were good sports. I decided that I liked the carrier enough to continue to keep my eye out for the one I really wanted. 

I kept watching but had no success.

Then one magical day...

A fellow Momma posted this beauty on the swap page.

Yes, please!




Size wise I really need Mr. E to let me practice with him. He is the closest in size to little sister. She is 3 but she is very small. Miss Ruthie is much taller than little sister and Mr. D is much heavier than little sister.

So, Mr. E it is.

Except he doesn't love it just yet.

You know who does?

This handsome fella.

So, here we are.

Mr. D gets a ride and a snuggle while Momma home schools his siblings.

He loves it and I am learning how to carry a toddler.

Win. Win.

I haven't given up on Mr. E just yet. Every once in a while he thinks it might be okay. Why didn't I learn to do this when they were smaller? It would have helped me so much to back carry them.


I'm getting ready for you little sister! I'll keep you close and help you feel safe when everything feels so big and scary.

Plus we are going to look good in our super girl carrier!

No comments:

Post a Comment