Saturday, February 2, 2013

The Haircut

Q man has been blessed with the most amazing head of curly hair.  I love how it looks when it is long enough to see those curls.  Since Aunt DW moved out of state we needed a new plan for Q's hair cuts.  Mind you, DW moved out of state in September so you can imagine just how long his curls were.

EJ and I decided that he would take him to the barber shop while I took the other kids and did some shopping at Wal-Mart.  EJ was planning to have the barber do a short cut on the sides and maybe leave it a little longer on top.

Turns out the barber encouraged EJ to buzz all the hair off so his first time in a big boy barber chair wouldn't be too scary.  Otherwise he would have to pick out his hair and that is no fun for the little man.  (we do it once a week when he has his hair washed)  So...EJ agreed that would be best. 



What EJ didn't do was WARN THE MOMMA. 


 
When EJ showed up with a bald Q I almost cried my eyes out right there in aisle 6 at Wal-Mart.  I held it together so Q wouldn't know what I was thinking.  I told Q how proud I was of him!  I looked at my husband and tried really hard not to go to my ugly place.  You know the place where asking him, "What were you smoking?!?!?!" seems totally appropriate.

After he explained the whole situation to me, I calmed down a little.  It took me a REALLY long time to get used to it.  In the end, the Q man can pull it off; and praise the good Lord, his hair grows fast!


P.S. He had a very good experience at the barber shop and we are thrilled to have found a place to take him.  Next time we won't let his hair get so long before we go!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Q man!! You are adorable long curly hair or sheared! But your poor mommy!! What a shock!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain! Mally's hair had gotten so long and gorgeous. But while she was in the psychiatric hospital she let some older kids try to "dread" her hair and when she came home the entire middle section was huge, hopeless mats which would not come out no matter how long I worked at them. So off her hair came. It killed me to cut it though.

    ReplyDelete