Thursday, September 18, 2014

Baby D turns 1!

There are so many thoughts swirling around in my head tonight.  My precious baby boy turned one today.  Adoption is beautiful and complicated.  There are so many emotions that I can't seem to put into words.



Baby D has two families celebrating this day.  His birth family is remembering and celebrating the day he was born as well.  We are all reflecting on the joy and the pain we walked through together.



I will never forget those tender moments in the hospital.  I will never forget watching Hope sacrificially love her baby boy.  I will never forget how it felt to hold him in my arms for the first time.



The beauty of our relationship with Hope and her family is that we get to build on those precious moments.  We have seen each other a handful of times since his birth.  We have stayed connected through text messages and phone calls.  In fact, they will be here to celebrate with us at his birthday party.  I am so grateful for this open relationship.

Today is a celebration!  We made it through that first year!  Babies are adorable.  They are an amazing blessing.  They are also lots and lots of work.  Any parent can attest.  This season of life is very demanding.  It is hands on parenting 24/7.  It can be exhausting.  I can testify that God has given us exactly what we needed to meet the needs of sweet baby D as well as his baby brother E.

Looking back at these pictures gave me an opportunity to praise God for each of these moments.  It has been a crazy and incredible year.  Baby D is such a sweet little fella.  He brings so much joy to our family!
























We had Aunt Rock Star take pictures of baby D to celebrate his first year.  It was tough to get him to sit still for more than a few seconds.  I am amazed by how many great shots she got.

We love you baby D!

We are so grateful that God made us your parents.

Happy first birthday little mister!



















And one last blooper pic...

He is even cute when he is mad! 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Baby D! What a celebration of life...of adoption... and you. Pop and I love you!

    ReplyDelete