Sunday, June 14, 2015

Van Drama

Last week, my fancy 15 passenger van went to the shop. The "service engine soon" light was on and it had been making a weird sound.

No one likes it when their car goes to the shop. You know what makes it extra fun? Removing 5 car seats and re-installing them into another car. My fellow parents can attest. Car seat installation is the worst. I end up sweaty and usually with at least a few scrapes and bruises.

Seriously. It is the worst.

We wound up renting a super nice 2015 suburban. It was tight to get all those car seats in but I got it done. I was impressed with all the bells and whistles of this newer and nicer vehicle. The children were NOT impressed. I thought it was hysterical. They much prefer our 1999 former church van. 

We got our beloved van back and were rolling once again.

A few days later, the back window in our van broke. EJ was driving it down a country road and heard a pop, then it shattered. 


He taped it up and made an appointment to have the window replaced.  Bummer, but it would be taken care of. I wasn't stressed about it. They would come to us to fix it. No moving car seats or trying to entertain 6 kids while the car is repaired.

THE VERY NEXT DAY...

I load up all the kiddos to run some errands. It was close to lunch time and the babies were getting pretty fussy. It takes a lot of effort to get all six of our children ready to go, the bag packed and everyone loaded in the van.

We were locked and loaded.

When I noticed this...


I texted EJ the picture of the tire. He called and talked me through finding the air compressor so I could air up the tire. At this point, I was barely holding it together. Not only do I get to air up the tire with 6 hungry children waiting in the car. I also get to take all 6 of them to the shop to have the tire repaired.

Life has been a little intense lately. The barn house build is in full swing which means I am one busy Momma. EJ is working tirelessly at work and the build. That means I am on. All the time. When someone needs something, Mommy is on call.

As I aired up the tire I did what any self respecting, 30 something, mother of six would do.

I cried.

I mean the ugly cry.

I cried so hard that snot was literally hitting the ground while I aired up the tire.

Then, I pulled it together.

Wiped up my snotty, teary face.

Put on my big girl undies and headed to get the tire fixed.

Some days call for a good cry.

This was one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment