Friday, June 10, 2016

Pop and My Heavenly Father

Our trip to China was emotional to say the least. We were following God's calling to the other side of the world. We were desperately missing our six children at home while beginning a brand new relationship with our daughter. We were overjoyed to finally have her in our arms, all the while we were deeply aware of the loss she was experiencing.

The night before we began our long journey home, we received this message from Pop.

It spoke peace into our night.

It spoke strength into our weakness.

"We are praying for your endurance to complete the critical task you are called to complete. While it is heavy and painful, our God has ordained it and he never abandons what He has ordained. Take heart and lift your head, almighty God is your assurance and sustainer.  He is working on your behalf as we speak. He is ahead of you working and prompting people you will encounter on your behalf.  Exhausted but not down trodden, weary but sustained by the grace and power of God. Finish the mission Precious Ones."

On the last leg of our journey home we hit a snag. It was possible that we wouldn't make it home that night. I was exhausted and overcome with emotion.

Pop called.

"I just want to be home." I said and burst into tears.

"Oh sweetie, I know." He said.

We made it home that night. Praise God!

Before I got in the van to head home with my family, I stopped to hug Pop.

He looked at me with pride.

He said, "It is over. You did it. You got her here. You completed the mission."

"It was so hard." I said.

"I know." He said. "But you did it!"





I want to be the kind of woman who hears the voice of God.

I want to say yes to the missions he has for me.

I want to be brave and strong.

I want to have full confidence that He will see me through it.

I want to run to His arms when my mission in this world is complete.

I want to hear Him tell me, "Well done my daughter. I am proud of you. I know it was hard but you did it!"

I have been given a glimpse of what this will feel like.

Oh what a gift I have been given.

A picture of my Heavenly Father right here.

Right here on earth in the arms of my Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment