Thursday, June 9, 2016

The Airport Reunion

Oh how I longed for this moment.

The moment when all my children would be together.

The moment when we would start our lives as a family of nine.

While we were in China we tried to focus on bonding with Mei Me.

I am so grateful we had that time to get to know her.

Being away from the other children was hard on my heart.

I was always near tears when we spoke of them.

I remember one day, EJ asked me if I wanted to do a video call with the kids.

I welled up with tears and shook my head no.

I could record videos and send it to them but I could not hold it together if I saw their faces.

I am just made to be with them. 

God has equipped me for this life. 

It is where I belong.

This the face of a woman who is home.



EJ and I were surviving on about 1 hour of sleep and sweet Mei Mei had only slept about 3 hours. We were delirious. She was such a doll even in her sleep deprived state. She was overwhelmed by all the new people but she had seen pictures of them and she knew they were hers.



The support we receive from our family makes all the difference. I have said multiple times that without their willingness to step in we could not follow hard after this mission the Lord has given us.

They say, "What can we do?" "How can we help?" and then they do it. 

Love in action.

I am eternally grateful.










Our first photo as a family of nine. 

Headed home to begin the rest of our lives together.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

No comments:

Post a Comment