Thursday, September 15, 2011

Feel the LOVE

I haven't cooked for a long time.  I just can't stomach the idea of preparing food.  My poor family is eating easy to prepare, pre-packaged foods.  We are also eating out all the time.  There are only so many places in our little town to eat out.  After a while, everything just sounds gross.


For some reason my nausea is worse in the late afternoon and evening.  That makes the "What are we going to eat for dinner?" question even more unbearable to me.


This afternoon, I was trying to figure out what to feed my family. 


The truth is I just kind of wanted to lay on the couch and cry about it.


I am sick and tired.  I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.  You know what I mean?


Then I heard my phone.


It was a text from a precious friend.


"Do you have dinner plans?" (the answer of course was no)


"Can I bring dinner to you tonight?" (the answer of course was YES!)


The most delicious meal arrived at our house just in time for dinner.


My family celebrated!  Real food!


I am so grateful. 

Not only did my friend make me feel so loved by this act of kindness but it also made me feel loved by our Heavenly Father. 

He sees me.

Genesis 16:13
She gave this name to the LORD who spoke to her: “You are the God who sees me,” for she said, “I have now seen the One who sees me.”

J. thank you so much for blessing us tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment