Friday, August 10, 2012

RV Trip (Day 3)

After leaving Louisiana we headed for Mobile, Alabama. 

Next stop, the U.S.S. Alabama!



We climbed all over that ship.  It was amazing just how big it was.  You could climb higher and higher and you better believe my fellas wanted to do just that (lead by their Father, of course).  Baby Sister and I bravely followed.


Captain B

Captain W

Captain Q

We toured a submarine.  I don't know how anyone could spend a lot of time in one.  Those are some seriously close quarters.  The boys loved it!  I was glad Baby Sister was in the wrap so I could maneuver around.  It was fascinating to see all the features of the submarine.

The boys had to check out the big tanks. 
B was hungry and so over the picture taking by this point so W and Q took a picture with Daddy.

Baby Sister and I had to get in on the picture action.

We got back in the 'ol RV and started our journey to Panama City, Florida.  The GPS (aka Gypsy as we like to call her) gave us one route.  I thought it would be fun to choose a different one.  The one I chose would allow us to drive by the ocean.  I told EJ I thought it would be a beautiful drive.

Um...not so much.

It turns out we were driving through the popular beach towns like Destin, Florida.  These places were packed with tourists.  The traffic was hardly moving. 

We were stuck!

It took us 2 1/2 hours longer than it should have!

When we got to the RV park that night, EJ had to park that big 'ol thing in the dark.  I must say he did a fantastic job.

No trip is complete without some poor navigation choices.

2 comments:

  1. I'm an interstate girl, but have followed my husband on many "poor navigation choices." Most of which end in me being car sick and irritated. You'd think he'd learn, but that country boy can't resist a scenic drive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah. I am totally interested in climbing up that ship to see what’s inside. :O Nice choice of location for your toddlers indeed! I’m sure they enjoyed it! Also, did you have any gadget that can connect to the Internet? It can help you see the situation of the traffic beforehand. Also, bringing extra food and games, especially for your kids, could also help your family pass the time when you’re stuck in traffic.

    Rosalinda Rudloff

    ReplyDelete