Friday, August 31, 2012

RV Trip (Days 8-12)

After we finished our stay at the Resort it was time to hop in the RV and adventure back home.
 
We made our way to the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta.  They had so many huge fish.  Oh my stars.  There were Manta Rays and Whale Sharks.  We even saw a show put on by Dolphins.  My only complaint was that it was way too crowded.  That is never good for a Momma bear trying to keep an eye on her cubs.
 
 
I love this picture of the children. 
You can see all three boys looking at the fish and lil Ruthie is snuggled in her car seat.
 
Our next adventure was the Creation Museum in Petersburg, Kentucky.  It was by far our favorite part of the whole trip!  We spent the whole day there.  It was refreshing to see a museum that displayed a biblical view of history.
 
 
When it was time to load back up in the RV we needed a little comic relief. 
These mustaches provided plenty of belly laughs.





 
Here is our crew at the campsite.  They had so much fun at each new camp site.

I did not drive this beastly RV a single mile during this trip (well maybe one mile but I will tell you that story in a minute).  Rock Star and I took this picture of me in the drivers seat as though I was exhausted from the long trip.  We kept teasing EJ that we were going to post this picture and tell everyone that I drove the whole way.  Hee Hee.
 
Okay, I guess that I do have to tell you a little bit about the driving of this RV...EJ was amazing.  He drove us safely for 2348 miles through 14 states...Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and Missouri.  He was a machine!  He has always wanted to drive an RV and he enjoyed every minute of it.
 
Only one time, was I asked to drive...we were in stopped traffic just outside of Mobile, Alabama.  EJ really needed to use the restroom.  We were barely moving on the freeway.  Lil Ruthie needed to eat again soon.  EJ asked me to get behind the wheel just long enough for him to use the restroom.  I was so nervous about it.  After I got behind the wheel the stinkin' traffic started to move!  Oh. My. Gosh.  I had never driven the RV and here I was on a freeway with traffic every where and lil Ruthie was starting to cry for more milk.  You better believe I was hollering for my husband's help!  The traffic slowed again just long enough for us to switch back and I happily took my seat as a passenger once again. 
 

 This was our last picture with the big 'ol RV.  We all had a fantastic time.  I must admit it.  I never thought we would have such a blast.  We made lots of precious memories.  Maybe, just maybe this family will have another RV adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment