Tuesday, February 11, 2014

38 Weeks

Another week has come and gone.
 
The to-do list is dwindling down.
 
Just a few more things to accomplish before he arrives.
 
We have had a 9 year relationship with our OB, Dr. K.  He is amazing and I am so grateful that he will be doing my C-section.  I have been blessed to have him there for all of our biological births.  He has a wonderful sense of humor.  He and EJ love to joke around during our appointments.
 
Today, EJ had an idea...
 
EJ to Dr. K: "So, what do you say I scrub in and help deliver this baby?"
 
Dr. K to EJ: "Hmmm...well, that would be unprecedented."
 
Me to both of them: "NO.  NO.  That is not happening."
 
When I texted my family to give them the "Baby E update" I passed along this picture and information...
"EJ asked Dr. K if he could scrub in and help with the C-section.  You know, help pull the baby out.  I told them both I would kill them dead.  If anyone sees EJ trying to sneak into the doc's scrub room, hit him...hard."
 
The responses:
"No."
"I am prepared to take him down."
"Oh the horror."
"I have full confidence that even with an epidural you can handle the situation."
 
We laughed our heads off reading their responses at lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment