Tuesday, February 18, 2014

a beautiful birth day

The day began way too early.  We left the house at 4:30am.  My C-section was scheduled for 7:30am.  I prefer the early morning surgery time so I don't have to be hungry all day.

As we prepared for baby E's birth EJ read his bible.  He got a text from one of his friends with this passage from Psalm.  What a blessing to read those words right before we welcomed child number six.


I asked Pop and Grammy to join us early that morning to pray over me before I left for the surgery.  The day started out pretty rough with 4 attempts to place my IV.  I was feeling pretty shaken.



I also asked my sis, Rock Star, to come early to capture our time in photographs.  I am so glad she did.  It is such a blessing to have these memories documented.  In the photo below Pop is praying over me while Grammy and I talk.  Later Pop whispered in my ear, "We trust God with you."  I needed to hear that.  He could see that I was feeling anxious and that encouragement was precious to me.



This man is a rock.  He has calmly walked me through so many of life's big moments.  Look at him put on those scrubs like a pro.








He is also funny and he keeps me laughing.  When you are about to be "gutted like a fish" (as my cousin Mrs. Okie says) it's good to laugh a little.

The moment we have been waiting for...

Baby E is here safe and sound!

Welcome to the world sweet baby boy!

Here he is in the hands of our favorite Dr. K.  
(Baby E is grand baby number 8 that Dr. K. has delivered for my folks) 


Tears of joy as I snuggle him.  I got to hold him a long time right there on the operating table.  I loved the chance to begin bonding right away.  I even got the opportunity to sing the doxology over him as a praise to God while they wheeled me out of surgery.

"Praise God from whom all blessings flow.
Praise Him all creatures here below.
Praise him above ye heavenly hosts.
Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
Amen."

Daddy is over the moon with love for him!

Isn't he so precious!


I love this picture.  I have to lay flat for some time after the surgery so I don't throw up.  Glamorous, right?  Thankfully, this c-section was the first (out of four) that I did not throw up.  I was so thankful.

Back to the picture...

These moments are hard for me to really see laying on my back.  I love seeing everyone admiring baby E in this photograph.

Pop and Grammy are always excited to welcome a new grandbaby.  He is number 15 for them and the 10th boy.  Wow!  What an incredible heritage.

Aunt Rock Star snuggles baby E.

Aunt Pretty Princess gets her first cuddle.

Papa and Grandma had been watching the older 5 kids all day.  It was their turn to love on baby E.  They always say they got a great return on their investment.  They had one child and so far have 6 grandbabies.  I love that attitude.  They blessed me that day and often by caring for the children.

Aunt DW will be here soon from out of state.  She is anxious to get her hands on this new little nephew.

Baby E
Born February 18th, 2014
7lbs 9oz
20 inches long



Thank you Father for our son.  
We are overwhelmed with love and gratitude.

2 comments:

  1. Precious post, our precious daughter. We are indeed blessed and praising God from Whom all blessings flow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallelujah!!:) So happy. So proud of you guys. So excited to meet him and hug you!:)

    ReplyDelete