Friday, February 7, 2014

Just a little emotional

I seem to be VERY teary lately.

I never really know what is going to set off the bucket of tears.

I was doing school with the boys last week.

We were reading about Abraham Lincoln's life as a child.

I didn't realize that Lincoln's mother had passed away when he was a boy.

Just that fact alone was almost more than I could bear.

Then I read about how his father remarried and his step mother was very good to him.

She was quoted as saying, "Abe never gave me a cross word or look.  He never refused to do anything I asked him.  Abe was the best boy I ever saw!"

And I lost it.

Not just a sniffle or a lump in the throat.

I started to boo hoo.

The boys just looked at me. 

"I'm sorry fellas." I said.

When I collected myself I said, "Remember I told you that sometimes when a Mommy has a baby in her tummy she cries easily?"

"Yes, we remember." they said.

Then we went on with our reading.

I am looking forward to getting back to my normal hormone levels! 

1 comment:

  1. If it helps, I cry over Abe Lincoln too. I'm a mess in Washington, DC!!

    ReplyDelete