Friday, March 21, 2014

Fegos

Our boys are really into Legos these days.  They had been saving their money to purchase some super hero mini figures.

EJ got on ebay and found a pack of mini figures for a really good price.  The boys still needed a few more dollars to purchase the set.  They worked hard on extra chores to make enough money.  They were so excited!  B was particularly excited to get a Wolverine mini figure.

EJ made the purchase and then realized it was going to be a LONG time until they arrived.  Several weeks.  That is a long time to wait when you are 8 and 6 years old.  

It wasn't until a week or so later that he checked the status of his order.  It was then that he realized they were coming from China.  Oops.  Perhaps this is why they were so cheap.

Fast forward another week or so.

The much anticipated package arrives!

Joy all around!

The mini figures are opened.


EJ and I realize that these are not Legos.  These are Fegos.  You know Fake Legos.  

(Remember Keds?  You could buy the cheap version at Wal-mart.  We called them Feds.  You know Fake Keds.  Come on...I know I'm not the only one who was sportin' Feds.  Don't get me started on fake Cabbage Patch dolls.  Those were not right.)

The kids had no idea they were fake.  They just heard us say they were from China.

As they were playing with them they noticed that there were certain differences from their other Lego mini figures.  I heard one of them say, "Oh so this is how they make them in China."  Such a sweet, innocent statement.  

EJ and I tried not to giggle.  We made a pact with our eyes.  We were NOT telling them we bought bogus Legos.

To add insult to injury, the package was not as advertised.  There was NO Wolverine.

The look on B's face when he realized he didn't get the Wolverine was awful.  All those extra chores.  All that waiting.

So...

I went to work to make it right.  We were going to find a Wolverine mini figure.  I got online and started looking for him.  Turns out he is not an easy guy to find.

In the end, I found a Lego set with Wolverine.

Oh yes I did.

I also paid WAY too much for it.

Lesson learned.


No comments:

Post a Comment