Monday, March 7, 2016

Australia Day 2

I woke up at 2am.

My first thought...Where in the world am I?

My second thought...What is that sound?

It sounded like someone had turned on a shower. I got up and started looking around our apartment. I was worried that the boys were deliriously tired and had turned on the shower. It took me a few minutes to realize that it was rain. The storm was so loud!

Satisfied that everyone was safe, I headed back to bed. I convinced myself to fall back to sleep even though my body thought it was morning.

EJ got up in the 5 o'clock hour to get ready for his meeting that morning. Then he took a walk on the beach and brought me a cup of coffee. I intend to keep him.






I got ready for the day. The boys slept until 8am.  When they woke we headed to breakfast and then they hung out in the kids area while Joel and I attended a meeting.



After that, the boys checked out the beach while I scheduled a massage at the resort spa for later that week.







Next up was swimming and then lunch at the resort.

At 1pm we loaded a bus for a tour of Port Doulgas. The tour included a stop at the wild life center. We fed kangaroos and held a koala. P.S. Koala's smell...real bad.














We hit the grocery store to stock our apartment with some tasty snacks. Also, I found this bottle of wine. Perfect for this member of Four Sisters Farm. 



We headed back to our hotel room to chill out for a while. The boys were in their swimming suits almost immediately. I was ready for a swim too. The weather here is very humid and hot.



The apartment we are in is a swim up room. It is fantastic. We can watch them swim from our patio or living room. It is a salt water pool. The water is so nice. The boys have been practicing their snorkeling skills to get ready for our excursion to The Great Barrier Reef.

We hopped on a shuttle to head back to Port Douglas for dinner. We ate at Mango Jams. The jet lag was setting in big time. We were exhausted. After a quick dinner we headed back to the resort.





We fell on our faces and crashed out early again. Another day of adventure is coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment