Friday, March 11, 2016

Australia Day 6

Today was our last full day in Port Douglas, Australia. The boys referred to this day as "Fishy Friday." They went on a fishing adventure with their Daddy and two friends we met on our trip. These new friends know EJ's Cousin's kiddos in Indiana. It is such a small world!



Turns out they caught more sharks than fish! W caught a 3 foot hammerhead shark but they didn't get it pulled in. It got caught up in the lines and broke one of their poles.






While they were busy fishing, I headed to the spa. This busy Momma spent a good 1 1/2 being pampered. Ooo La La. It was a fantastic way to spend our last day.

I was just a little excited.


The sweet gal who checked me in, walked me to the changing room. She told me to put on my robe and sandals provided. Then she said, "You can take your knickers off or leave them on. It is up to you."

First of all, I think we should use the term "knickers" for undies. It just sounds right.

Second of all, I know this is too much information but I chose to take the knickers off.

Finally, I read on the locker wall that if you take your knickers off you are to wear the lovely paper knickers they provided.

EJ won't let me post the picture so I will describe them for you...you know the undies they give you after you have a baby? Those are granny panty disposable undies. These paper knickers are more of the thong variety. Definitely more than I bargained for.

In the words of my sister, "So always keep your knickers on in Australia or else they make you wear thong knickers."

Words to live by.

Moving on. 

The massage and scalp treatment were amazing. I enjoyed every minute of the pampering. 


We spent the afternoon swimming in the beautiful pool.

Soon it was time to get cleaned up and head to the farewell dinner.



No comments:

Post a Comment