Saturday, January 4, 2014

33 weeks (almost)

 

 
In just a few days I will be 33 weeks pregnant with baby E. 
 
I am sort of shocked when I see pictures of myself.  I know that he is growing big but the sight of my belly still surprises me. 
 
When I was 6 weeks pregnant with Miss Ruthie, the boys and I were in a car accident.  I kept meaning to go to the chiropractor after that but I never did.
 
A couple of months ago I had some neck and back pain that was more than I could handle.  I could hardly hold baby D to feed him.
 
I was so thankful when I made it to the chiropractor.  After some regular appointments with him, I am a believer.  It took about 3 adjustments for the pain to be gone.  After that, I continued to attend appointments to keep up with my changing pregnant body.
 
If I had only known that I could feel this good in the 3rd trimester of pregnancy I would have made chiropractic adjustments a priority in my previous pregnancies.  I cannot believe what a difference these appointments have made!
 
Also, I am busy mothering a 3 1/2 month old baby.  That is an exhausting thing to do when you are not pregnant let alone when you are in your 3rd trimester.  God has blessed us so much with a baby boy who loves to sleep!  It took me a little while to figure out his preferred schedule by watching his cues very closely.  Now he is a predictable and happy little man.  He eats well and sleeps hard.  I have no doubt that baby D's love of sleep is a good and perfect gift from God!  We have had enough babies to know that they don't all sleep so well.  At this point, he only wakes once in the very early morning, eats and then goes back to sleep.
 
Miss Ruthie has an amazing vocabulary for a 1 year old toddler.  Her ability to communicate with me cuts down on the crying and whining that I was used to when my little ones were that age.  She is such a big girl these days and we love watching her play the role of big sister to baby D and soon to baby E.
 
B is 8, W is 6 and Q is just days away from being 4.  These are our big guys and they are just plain awesome!  B & W are the only ones in school at this point.  They are a joy to teach and we love watching them learn.  Mr. Q is doing a little preschool learning here and there but nothing formal until next year.  He still takes a nap in the afternoons and he needs that rest because he plays hard!
 
Our days are busy but they are good!  We have been reminded by many friends that "these are the days" we will talk about for years to come.  When all the children were young and we were growing our family.  When I have a tough day I try to remember this.  It is a precious time for sure.
 
I know that the addition of baby E will create some temporary chaos.  A new baby always does.  I will need to remind myself that it will become our new normal and things will all fall into place once again.
 
I am so grateful to God for a healthy pregnancy and for the energy to meet the needs of all our little blessings.

1 comment:

  1. Love you and your family and your positive attitude at The Growing Table!

    ReplyDelete