Thursday, January 16, 2014

Coffee with a side of encouragement

This morning I was meeting mom, 2 of my sisters and my grandma for a coffee/play date.

I loaded up the kiddos in the silver bullet (aka 15 passenger van) and barreled down the road.

I am sure I look ridiculous in the drive thru when I pick up coffee.

But honestly, can you think of anyone that needs coffee more than the mother of a big family driving a 15 passenger van?

The guy at the window said, "Wow, you can fit a lot of people in there!"

I said, "Yes, we are expecting our 6th baby next month."

He said, "That is great.  I am one of 8 children.  We had a van like that."

I said, "What number were you?"

"Number 8," he replied.

"I would love to hear your perspective."  I said.

He smiled and said, "It was a great life!"

Then as I got ready to leave, he said, "God bless you."

I love hearing people talk lovingly about their families. 

In a world where people have a lot of negative comments for big families this guy was a little bit of sunshine.

Thanks for brightening my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment