Monday, January 27, 2014

Second Dinner

One of my favorite episodes of the series "The Office" is the one where Pam goes into labor with her first child.  During her pregnancy, she and Kevin are constantly eating together.

Here is a quote from Kevin: "Pregnant Pam and I, we get hungry at the same times so we've been eating together a lot.  Not all meals.  Just, second breakfast, lunch, second lunch and first dinner."

I can totally relate to this!  Especially at this stage of pregnancy.  There is just no room in my stomach for a full meal.  That means I eat less per meal but more often during the day.  Much more often.

EJ knows that I won't make it from dinner time to bed time without having "second dinner."  He teases me a bit, but make no mistake about it, he loves to join me for second dinner!

He was working late a lot last week.  He kept coming home after the kids were in bed.  One night, when he came through the door, he could see that I had an empty plate sitting next to me. 

"Oh no!  I missed second dinner!" He said.

"A pregnant woman's "second dinner" waits for no one!" I replied.




No comments:

Post a Comment